Rotigotine Side Effects
A number of side effects were reported during clinical studies on the rotigotine patch, including some problems that are potentially serious. Notify your healthcare provider if you are using this medicated patch and develop problems like falling asleep during the day, rapid weight gain, or fainting. Some of the most commonly reported side effects of this product include headaches, dizziness, and nausea.
An Introduction to Side Effects of RotigotineJust like any medicine, rotigotine (Neupro®) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the medication will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in many cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with rotigotine. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Serious Rotigotine Side EffectsSome side effects of rotigotine are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Falling asleep during the day, sometimes without warning
- Severe dizziness or fainting
- Low blood pressure (hypotension) or high blood pressure (hypertension)
- A rapid heart rate
- Hallucinations or other psychotic occurrences
- Rapid weight gain, usually with swelling or water retention of the extremities
- New or worsened movement disorders
- Difficult or painful breathing
- Problems with impulse control, such as gambling, hypersexuality, or binge eating
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.