Requip can potentially interact with a number of different medications (see Requip Drug Interactions for more information).
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this drug if you have:
- Heart or blood vessel disease
- Liver failure
- Kidney disease
- Daytime sleepiness from a sleep disorder, such as sleep apnea, insomnia, or narcolepsy
Also, be sure to tell your healthcare provider:
- If you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding
- If you smoke
- About all the medicines you may already be taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements
- If you feel dizzy, nauseated, sweaty, or faint when you stand up from sitting or lying down (this is known as orthostatic hypotension)
- If you drink alcoholic beverages.
You should not take this medication if you are allergic to the active component (ropinirole) or to any of the inactive ingredients. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
(Click Requip Precautions and Warnings for more information.)
As with all medicines, it is possible to overdose on Requip. Overdose symptoms could include, but are not limited to:
- Visual hallucinations
- Heart palpitations
If you happen to take too much, seek immediate medical attention.